DeVries Animal Hospital

528 S Spring Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126



If your pet has ingested a toxic substance (chocolate, grapes, raisins, onions, xylitol, poisonous plants, etc) you should IMMEDIATELY contact an Animal Poison Control Center- several exist.  We recommend the ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center at the University of Illinois at 888-426-4435.  A veterinary toxicologist will be able to help you determine if the substance your pet ingested is toxic and if you need to seek medical attention for your pet.  There is a charge for this service, but the database they have access to is invaluable.  If your pet has ingested chocolate, consider using the Chocolate Toxicity Calculator to determine if the amount of chocolate ingested will cause a problem.